Raw reads processing

Hello,
I have been trying to process my raw reads for 16S using the Silva database for over two weeks, but I am facing issues. I can upload my reads and metadata and select the database, but the process stalls, often getting stuck at 8% or 20%, without further progress. Sometimes the status shows “out of memory” or “OUT mem+”, while other times it remains “pending.” I have uploaded fewer than 40 samples, all of which are less than 100 MB in size.
I have tried processing at different times when it’s less busy and have even used different networks, but the problem persists. Could you please assist me with this issue?
I appreciate your help!

I am still having this problem. anyides?

The reason is clear - your data requires more memory than what is available from the public server. Two options:

1. Try to do it locally from using MicrobiomeAnalystR
  2. Subscribe to pro version which provides more memory as well as many other advanced features

Does this mean that the MicrobiomeAnalyst has become charge-based? Because it is mentioned up to 100 samples can be handled and my samples are only 4 and not even heavy files.

Definitely not. One of the main purposes that we offer subscription to “pro” and training course is to help sustain the community tools. There is no change to the policy in the public server. It should work as before (or better). You can try our example datasets to confirm this.

There are two main costs in sustaining our tools - time and computing. Troubleshooting for raw data processing requires both, especially when users do not not follow our post guideline but expect detailed support …

This topic was automatically closed after 37 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.