Meta data/time series analysis not working


I have been trying to use the meta data /time series + 1 feature and everytime i put in my data i get this message:

Possible causes of error (last one being the most relevant):
Unknown Error Occurred

Has anyone gotten a similar error or has been able to make it work?

Please read and follow our post guideline


I think I have a similar problem:

I am trying to perform a Time Series + One Factor Analysis at the home page, but I get the following error massage:


Possible causes of error (last one being the most relevant):

Unknown Error Occurred

These are the steps I followed:

  1. mSet<-InitDataObjects(“conc”, “mf”, FALSE)

  2. mSet<-SetDesignType(mSet, “time”)

  3. mSet<-Read.TextDataTs(mSet, “Replacing_with_your_file_path”, “rowmf”);

  4. mSet<-ReadMetaData(mSet, Replacing_with_your_file_path);

  5. mSet<-SanityCheckData(mSet)

  6. mSet<-ReplaceMin(mSet);

  7. mSet<-SanityCheckMeta(mSet, 1)

  8. mSet<-SetDataTypeOfMeta(mSet);

  9. mSet<-PreparePrenormData(mSet)

  10. mSet<-Normalization(mSet, “NULL”, “LogNorm”, “AutoNorm”, ratio=FALSE, ratioNum=20)

  11. mSet<-PlotNormSummary(mSet, “norm_1_”, “png”, 72, width=NA)

  12. mSet<-PlotSampleNormSummary(mSet, “snorm_1_”, “png”, 72, width=NA)

  13. meta.vec.aov ← [Phenotype, Time]

  14. mSet<-ANOVA2.Anal(mSet, 0.05, “fdr”, “time”, “between”)

When I tried to recreate the procedure in MetaboAnalystR for R I used these commands:

mSet<-InitDataObjects(“conc”, “mf”, FALSE)

mSet<-SetDesignType(mSet, “time”)

mSet<-Read.TextDataTs(mSet, Path_data, “rowu”);

mSet<-ReadMetaData(mSet, Path_meta);



mSet<-SanityCheckMeta(mSet, 1)



mSet<-Normalization(mSet, “NULL”, “LogNorm”, “AutoNorm”, ratio=FALSE, ratioNum=20)

mSet<-PlotNormSummary(mSet, “norm_0_”, “png”, 72, width=NA)

mSet<-PlotSampleNormSummary(mSet, “snorm_0_”, “png”, 72, width=NA)

meta.vec.aov ← [Phenotype, Time]

I get the Error at step 13.

Error: Unexpected ‘[’ in “meta.vec.aov ← [”

I tried to recreate the meta.vec.aov with

sel.meta.df ← mSet$dataSet$[, c(1,2)]

meta.vec.aov ← colnames(sel.meta.df)

but I am missing something….

maybe someone has an idea

i added my files:
PCA_GRÜN_META_SG_170124.csv (1.6 KB)
PCA_GRÜN_SG_20240202_MW.csv (228.7 KB)

Thanks a lot!