Different results for PLS-DA with MetaboAnalyst 5.0 and 6.0

Hi,

I’m having trouble getting consistent results for PLS-DA plots with MetaboAnalyst versions 5.0 and 6.0. I used the metabolites dataset last year and saved the PLS-DA plots, but I also need the information for VIP scores of the metabolites. I re-uploaded the same dataset with the new version (6.0) this week, but the plot and VIP rank were not the same. My follow-up research was already conducted using the VIP top metabolites from version 5.0, and I need the VIP values for the rest of the metabolites to analyze the data. Would it be possible to get access to the previous version 5.0?

Thank you for your help!

I have the same problem. not even the PLS-DA plots but also the number of metabolites which has VIP rank more than 1

The version 6.0 should not affect this workflow. The most likely explanation is that you have changed the parameters in your re-analysis. That being said, please provide detailed evidence to support this claim (it is the tool not your operation) and we will look into it. Note we have published a lot of tutorials & protocols. Feel free to use them to show the case.