Seq2Fun v2.0.4 output not being read by Express Analyst


I tried to use Express Analyst to run an analysis on output from Seq2Fun version 2.0.4, but I am getting the error in the attached screenshot. I re-ran my reads with Seq2Fun v2.0.5, and the output was accepted by Express Analyst. It appears that the format of the s2f IDs have changed between v2.0.4 and v2.0.5. Is this indeed the case. I want to ensure there isn’t a larger problem with my data, as the downstream results seem to have changed a bit from v2.0.4 to v2.0.5.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, indeed we have changed the underlaying protein ortholog database substantially between version 2.0.4 and 2.0.5, including new IDs. This was the last major change that we plan for some time, and all future updates to the database should be backward compatible. All of the methods used for creating the new protein ortholog database are described in our manuscript which is being submitted very soon.